Tenant Qualifications to Rent
Each person who is 18 or older that will be living in the unit must submit an application. All of our properties are non-smoking. Some properties accept pets if authorized in writing by Select 1 Realty Property Management, and the ” Pet Application” can be found on our website and must accompany the application including a picture of the pet. (It is best if pet application and picture are presented first). An application will be denied for any of the following reasons:
- A prior eviction filed or unpaid rent.
- A negative landlord reference.
- Misrepresentation or inconsistency in application or supporting information.
- Only negative credit history.
These are the items that Select 1 Realty Property Management will be checking when we screen an application:
- We will run a credit report to verify your history of punctual bill payments.
- We will contact your current and previous jobs to verify two years of job income and consistency. We require at least two and a half to three times the amount of rent as a minimum gross income. This amount can include all applicant’s income. All income must be verifiable. If you own your own business, you must provide tax statements and current year-to-date profit & loss statement. If the income is from social security, SSI, AFDC, retirement, student loans or child support you must provide proof of benefits.
- We will contact your current and prior landlords to verify:
- Your rental payment history.
- Your history of taking care of the rental unit.
- Your history of following their rules and regulations.
- We are looking for a minimum of 4 years rental history or home ownership. This must be during the last 4 years (References from friends & family are not included.)
Lack of ability to fulfill any of the above qualifications will justify disapproval of an application for rental.
- All approved applications are valid for up to thirty days.
- Upon approval of your application, the security deposit must be paid by cashier’s check or money order.
- The entire first full month’s rent is due on your move-in date (cashier’s check or money order only).
- We do not hold a property for an approved applicant until the security deposit is received. We can hold the property for up to 30 days after the security deposit is received.
- We do not hold a property beyond the agreed upon move-in date.
- The security deposit is not the last month’s rent.
Want to Learn More?
If you’d like to learn more about our properties and what it’s like to work with Select 1 Realty Property Management, get in touch. We’d be happy to talk more about our rental properties, our application requirements, and our leasing process.